Building Plan Submission Guidelines
Each prospective homeowner must submit the following information to the DPHOA Board for approval PRIOR to beginning construction. Plans are to be submitted at least one week prior to the monthly Board meeting so the request can be added to the meeting agenda.
The prime concern of the Board will be that the design, exterior finish, and location harmonize with, and compliment the natural environment to the extent practicable.
1. Drafted elevations for all four sides of the proposed structure/home. (This is a scaled drawing of how the exterior will appear).
2. Materials List for exterior to include siding, roofing, decks, fencing, etc. If a specific type of siding style is used, i.e., board and batten, include type of material to be used, and size and texture of both the board and batten.
3. Samples or color board for siding, roof, fencing and decks, etc.
4. Site Plan to include:
· Placement of the proposed buildings to be constructed, driveway, septic, fencing, etc., on the lot.
· Property lines and lot dimensions; identify common roads adjoining lot.
· Dimensions of buildings, decks, fences, etc., and distance between buildings (when appropriate).
· Building and fence setback from property lines as prescribed in the applicable CCRs.
· Identify the approximate location of trees that need to be removed due to placement of the structure(s) and driveway.
· Any fencing must have Board approval and must be of an aesthetically pleasing material and design.
5. Foundation Plan to show square footage of main floor and any additional floors. Reference the CCRs to determine minimum square footage requirements and exclusions when calculating square footage.
6. Wall Section to show how exterior will appear.
7. Clearly identify any variance you may require.
8. Roofs. Roofing should be of the appropriate type/pitch to accommodate Boise County’s recommended snow load requirements and be made of fire resistant material.
9. Manufactured or modular type home (where permitted) exteriors shall meet the following requirements:
· Exterior shall be constructed of log or cedar siding.
· Provide documentation that roof upgrade meets or exceeds Boise County’s recommended snow load requirements.
After the building plans have been approved and prior to the beginning of construction, flag all trees that are to be removed, stake out the structure(s) to be built and mark the driveway location and request an inspection by the Board prior to tree removal. Site work, pre-construction or construction of any kind is not permitted without prior Board approval.
Once construction has begun the Board has the option to conduct an informal on-site inspections to ensure compliance with the approved building plan.
To remain in compliance with the construction time frames addressed in the applicable CCR’s, requests for variances and time extensions must be submitted to the Board no later than 30 days prior to the time necessary for the Board’s decision.