Property Owner Responsibilities


Each prospective homeowner must submit the following information to the Duquette Pines Homeowners Association (DPHOA) Board for approval PRIOR to beginning construction. Plans are to be submitted at least one week prior to the monthly Board meeting so the request can be added to the meeting agenda.

The prime concern of the Board will be that the design, exterior finish, and location harmonize with, and compliment the natural environment to the extent practicable.

a). Drafted elevations for all four sides of the proposed structure/home. (This is a scaled drawing of how the exterior will appear).

b. Materials List for exterior to include siding, roofing, decks, fencing, etc. If a specific type of siding style is used, i.e., board and batten, include type of material to be used, and size and texture of both the board and batten.

c. Samples or color board for siding, roof, fencing and decks, etc.

d. Site Plan to include:
-- Placement of the proposed buildings to be constructed, driveway, septic, fencing, etc., on the lot.
-- Property lines and lot dimensions; identify common roads adjoining lot.
-- Dimensions of buildings, decks, fences, etc., and distance between buildings (when appropriate).
-- Building and fence setback from property lines as prescribed in the applicable CCRs.
-- Identify the approximate location of trees that need to be removed due to placement of the structure(s) and driveway.
-- Any fencing must have Board approval and must be of an aesthetically pleasing material and design.

e. Foundation Plan to show square footage of main floor and any additional floors. Reference the CCRs to determine minimum square footage requirements and exclusions when calculating square footage.

f. Wall Section to show how exterior will appear.

g. Clearly identify any variance you may require.

h. Roofing should be of the appropriate type/pitch to accommodate Boise County's recommended snow load requirements and be made of fire resistant material.

i. Manufactured or modular type home (where permitted) exteriors shall meet the following requirements:
-- Exterior shall be constructed of log or cedar siding.
-- Provide documentation that roof upgrade meets or exceeds Boise County's recommended snow load requirements.

After the building plans have been approved and prior to the beginning of construction, flag all trees that are to be removed, stake out the structure(s) to be built and mark the driveway location and request an inspection by the Board prior to tree removal. Site work, pre-construction or construction of any kind is not permitted without prior Board approval.

Once construction has begun the Board has the option to conduct an informal on-site inspections to ensure compliance with the approved building plan.

To remain in compliance with the construction time frames addressed in the applicable CCR's, requests for variances and time extensions must be submitted to the Board no later than 30 days prior to the time necessary for the Board's decision. Contact any Board member should you have questions regarding the covenants and how they apply to the structure you may want to build.

Underground Utilities - Dig Line

For your safety, prior to commencing on any major construction project, call Dig Line at (208) 342-1585 or log on the web site at Striking a utility line may cause harm to adults or children. At a minimum, it will certainly disrupt your services and very possibly water and utility services to others. Idaho Code, Section 55, Chapter 22 is the source you can use to understand Underground Facilities Damage Prevention.

Here are a couple of hints to protect you and reduce potential liability to the contractor/operator/property owner. Before excavating 15 inches or greater, call dig line to mark your utility and water lines. Ensure you allow at least 2 business days prior to excavation or deep tilling. Please understand that the individual digging is responsible to ensure compliance with the Idaho Code and may be held liable to the underground facility owner.

If any line is damaged or accidentally cut, take immediate safety precautions to reduce risk of exposure (electrical). Turn off the water valve if possible, or contact the resident manager immediately to shut off the water valve if it is necessary. If he cannot be reached, contact any Board member.

Water Standpipe and Water System Hookup

The water hookup and standpipe installation specifications are the standard for all lots located within the Duquette Pines Subdivision. The specifications are set forth in the Subdivision covenants (Item 18, Division 1 and Item 19, Divisions 2 and 3). Additional specifications and information are included to assist the owner.

Prior to starting construction and after construction plans have been approved by the Board, the owner will be provided a copy of a document titled "Typical Residential Water Hookup" that details the specific parts needed for the hookup. It also provides top- and side-view diagrams. All work, including the hot tap, must be completed by a licensed plumbing contractor.

Subdivision water hookup fees are payable prior to work commencement.

Water Line Repairs

The owner's responsibility for water line repairs is with the supplemental line from the main shutoff valve to the house including the standpipe. The Board is responsible from the main line up to and including the main shutoff valve. If you have a home but you do not live in the subdivision year-round, you may want to be sure the resident manager and the Board has a phone number where you can be reached in case a water-related problem occurs that needs your immediate attention.

Snow Removal

Private Property Subdivision road contractors are not contracted to work on any owner's private property, including driveways. The Board assumes no liability for any work requested by a property owner and performed by the subdivision's road maintenance and snow removal contractor on the owner's property. Other alternatives for snow removal include having your own snow blower, or a cooperative arrangement with a neighbor who has one, or hiring a local individual who provides seasonal snow plowing service in the area. Snow plowing services are usually advertised in the local paper and posted on bulletin boards in town.

Snow Removal/Road Maintenance - Subdivision Roads

Because the subdivision contracts for snow removal services and our contractor must meet strict liability insurance requirements, owners are asked not to independently remove snow from subdivision common roads or perform other types of road maintenance, i.e., dust abatement. Contact any Board member or the resident manager should you have questions regarding snow removal services or road maintenance.

Back to New Residents Page